Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cereal vs. breakfast cereal

I just don't understand.

If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cereals then it redirects you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breakfast_cereals ... I believe it should be the other way around.

Why should it take me to breakfast cereals when I'm looking for cereals in general? What if I want to find lunch cereals or dinner cereals, so I just look for cereals? Of course Wikipedia is going to forward me to breakfast cereals because somebody decided to be a jerk.

Who says cereal is supposed to be for breakfast anyway? Personally, if I didn't have to cook anything, my breakfasts would consist of French toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, muffins, etc... not all in the same meal, of course. Cereal to me is something I would rather eat around 10:00 at night than at 7:00 in the morning.

So what do you think? Does (cereal == breakfastCereal) return true or false?

2 comments:

Thomas Holloway said...

I say false!

David Oakes said...

i would have to say you make a good point