Friday, May 8, 2009

Almost Fooled by KFC

For the last little while, I've been saying/thinking, "I'm not going to eat at KFC anymore. The food is just too greasy, and I always feel like a fat pig when I'm done eating there." It's quite true. The chicken is way too greasy, and no one should be taking in that much fat in one meal. But of course this is the USA, so people do it. I must admit that KFC's macaroni and cheese is the best there is anywhere though.

So, we've established two things... KFC has great macaroni along with chicken that will lower your lifespan way too much.

Well, lately, more and more places have been giving healthier alternatives to the greasy foods... like McDonald's with apples, yogurt, etc. KFC caught on to this and hopped on the bandwagon by introducing Kentucky Grilled Chicken. My guess is it's a bit less greasy than the fried stuff (call me crazy). Along with that, they set aside two days for people to go online and get coupons for a free meal including two pieces of grilled chicken, two sides (MACARONI!... x2!), and a biscuit. The coupon could then be used for the next two weeks or so. Of course I printed off a coupon... it wasn't the greasy stuff I knew, so I thought I would give it a shot. And really... how hard is it to print a coupon?

So, last night my friends and I went to KFC to get free meals. It was about 6:00 in the evening, and as we arrived, we saw a note on the door saying they had given away too much free chicken for the day. It's not that they were out; we could SEE grilled chicken available. They just didn't want to give away any more for free. They offered the option to get a raincheck by mailing in our coupons with another form you gotta fill out, and then they'll send you ANOTHER coupon back in the mail... this time including a free drink too. Oh boy, what a bargain! But yeah... meanwhile, we were debating for a bit on whether or not we should just get something from KFC anyway since we were already there.

But we didn't. We went to Cafe Rio instead. But you know, I realized on the way to Cafe Rio that this was probably KFC's plan all along. After all, how many people are really going to take the time to send their raincheck form in the mail? That takes work, and that's not the American way. And of course their goal was to get people to the store and decide, "Oh well, we're here... let's buy something anyway." Well I'm smarter than that, and I refuse to give in to their little scheme. I didn't buy anything there (not even macaroni), and I will be sending my raincheck form to them because they don't expect nearly as many people to actually do it. Yeah, that's right... I'm going to stick it to them.

You can't fool me, KFC. I can see through you. I will not fall into your little trap. You're nothing but a big joke to me. And yeah... your fried chicken is still horrible.

1 comment:

Jake said...

You know I went and got some of the chicken. It actually didn't taste amazing. They must not have expected the results they did because it took me about 40 minutes to get my free food! But it was still free so I'm not really upset.